This project is an attempt to create a playlist-centric, tab-based media player designed to overcome some of the challenges a "Now Playing" list creates while still providing, and expanding upon, the functionality provided by "Now Playing".
The in_lay (INtuitive pLAYlist) player is designed to be a minimalistic, small (on both visible size and memory), fast, and simple media player written in C# with a SQLite back-end.
In order to develop in_lay three other projects have been started.
- netAudio: A .NET audio playback library. (Currently using
libVLC as a back-end but abstracted so that any playback library can be swapped in or out easily; also using a modified version of
TagLib Sharp for audio tag reading/editing.)
- netDiscographer: A .NET media library system with extremely fast search and sorting. (Currently using
SQLite as the database.)
- netGooey: A .NET/WPF skinnable interface system.
Currently, all these projects live inside in_lay. Once completed, they may be split up.
: In Progress
Nothing: Not Yet Started
- Ability to add media
- Ability to search
- Ability to play songs
- Volume control
- Ability to save/load/search playlists
- GUI/Skin Support
- Initial Release/SVN Upload
- Tabbed interface
- "Intuitive Playlist" Functionality
- Decreased memory footprint
- Add-on support